The certification course is delivered in a live, two-day seminar format and two options for online formats (4-Week Guided Cohort | Self-Paced).
All formats provide an assessment-based certification of education that is a comprehensive overview in the specialty of adaptive fitness methodology, safety and risk mitigation, and program implementation.
Graduates of the certification course will earn the knowledge and practice the principles that will enable them to conduct fitness training and improve health for people with disabilities and maintain an inclusive setting.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is intended for fitness trainers, adapted physical educators, sport team coaches, medical professionals, and persons with disabilities.
The course education is designed to be used in a group training setting but may be applied to any fitness methodology. ATA teaches how to adapt and maintain an inclusive workout format using a generalized workout plan. Social interaction and community support are essential elements to inclusion and are the basis for the course education.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
– Approximately 16 hours of research-based education
– Access to AIT certification exam and Certificate upon completion
– Course Workbook
– ATA Adapting Template
– *Certification exam preparation
– Continuing Education (CE, CEU, etc.) Documentation
– Access to affiliation program, grant funding, and exclusive mentorship options
*not included for Self-Paced Course
CERTIFICATE & CONTINUING EDUCATION
Graduates will earn their Adaptive & Inclusive Trainer certification and professional continuing education units (CEUs). For more information on our CEU program, please visit this CEU info page.
- ATRA Recreational Therapists: Pre-Approved 0.70 CEUs
- APTA Physical Therapists: Pre-Approved 16 (seminar), 12 (Cohort), 8 (Self-Paced) CEUs
- CrossFit: Pre-Approved 16 (seminar), 12 (Cohort), 8 (Self-Paced) CEUs